Tranny Question

layinthesmack31

I just recently had a shift kit put in my car and it seems like it shifts and way to low and rpm from 2nd to 3rd. when it shifts the rpm's are at around 2500 and then they drop to 1500. i just checked the tranny fluid and i think it is low. when i got under the car it looked like the pan was leaking and i know for a fact it wasnt before i took it in. so my question is qould low fluid make it shift at a lower rpm? or could this be a bigger problem? i am gonna go back to the place that installed it and tell them to fix the leak because it never leaked when i changed the tranny fluid and filter. but please any help would be greatly appreciated :)
thanks
Matt

tranny prob

depending on how low the fluid is it can make a tranny do all kind of weird stuff, if you can still see it on the stick thats probaly not the problem. unfourtunatly depending on how good the people who worked on it are (and taking in to consideration they cant seem to put a drain pan back on correctly)they could have done some thing a little wrong (check ball in the wrong hole, drilled a whole in the wrong place, wrong spring ETC...)when you go back tell them whats going on if they sound confident they can fix it let them if not find a reputal trans shopp tellthem whats wrong see if they can determine whats up and you might have to fight with the other place to fix it or pay the other place

good luck,

the shift kit i got was the b&m shift improver kit. it has and rv setting and a street strip setting. is it possible that if it was set up for the RV setting that that might cause this? it just pisses me off cause they assured me that they knew what they were doing and that they did alot of them.

Back