for the love of hp should i?

supraslow

so im thinking of getting my car on the lift and taking the resonator off.
i might just put some pipe in its place... good idea?
well im gona fix up some mufflers and do that just looking for some flow.

and will that done an a stock motor besides a cai would it be ok for a 10% pully?
ide get the 5% put i plan on gettin some power if im gona spend the money.

any input would be great thanks

Cheapest and best route would be to buy an aftermarket resonator and rework the resonator to the manifolds. Its by far the most restrictive part.

What are you looking to do..My buddy removed his two cats and resonator and replaced it with one 2.5 inch cat and it didnt sound all that bad...

so im thinking of getting my car on the lift and taking the resonator off.
i might just put some pipe in its place... good idea?
well im gona fix up some mufflers and do that just looking for some flow.

and will that done an a stock motor besides a cai would it be ok for a 10% pully?
ide get the 5% put i plan on gettin some power if im gona spend the money.

any input would be great thanks

You wont like the sound of the exhaust if you get rid of the resonator. Like Damon said replace the resonator with something better. If you have stock cats they are real bad as well. A 5% jackshaft pulley would be the best choice. A 10 % will generate to much heat for a stock intercooler. It will have great bottom end but the computer will pull timing at the top end due to the excess heat

Ken

You wont like the sound of the exhaust if you get rid of the resonator. Like Damon said replace the resonator with something better. If you have stock cats they are real bad as well. A 5% jackshaft pulley would be the best choice. A 10 % will generate to much heat for a stock intercooler. It will have great bottom end but the computer will pull timing at the top end due to the excess heat

Ken

what id you upgraded the intercooler with a fan?

ok well thanks guys i figured a 5% would probably be better. i think ill get rid of that cats,and just add 2 cats from a newer mustang or something. as for the ic i should be able to add one or 2 small fans to it. the cooler the better! ha ha

nooo

what ever you do there must be some kind of resonator in the exaust. i had a 95 sc and got exaust done on it cats straight pipe to flow masters. at aroud 1500 rpm the bumble bees come out and just scream. it was so loud my head started hurting. i thought i was in some kind of rice burnner with cofee cans on the back. so i went back immediatly to the exaust place and had them put in the biggest glass pack (about 4 foot i think) in the middle space and i felt like i was in an sc again. only problem with this set up i had was noise from 2000 rpm and up, driving around 80-100mph exaust was pretty loud. also right now i have a 90 sc with a 10% on it and a cai, it runs 14.55. i put a 5% on just to see what change it made and i ran around 14.8. just some help full hints.

reminder: SC EXAUST MUST HAVE SOME KIND OF RESONATOR (unless you like sounding like your being chased by angry bumble bee's)

ok well thanks for the tips. so i guess i could grab a cherry bomb and put that in place of the res.
im a little confused about what you are getting at about the 5% and 10 % issue
i think im going to go wit ha 5% for now just till gi get a little more work done.

Back