Will 36lb injectors hold up with MP2 @15% OD?

rzimmerl

Just wondering if I will be safe to run my 36's with the MP2 and 15%OD MP setup this year? The next set I plan on getting is 50's, and the head/cam package will probably be next years project. Should I just go ahead and install the 50's now or run my 36's this year until the head/cam package? I was seeing 19psi with my 94 blower and MP plenum @10%OD.

Last edited:
get the 50's, if you start to push some horsepower, and then you want to push some more down the road, youre going to need em anyways, you miht get by, but to be safe id say get the 50's now and call it a day

I agree with amdhunter. If you're running 15% with an MP2 i can only presume you have some of your intake track opened up. You should be maxing out the 36# injectors, go for the 50's.

Or 60s, if you plan on doing more mods why do injectors twice. Start getting serious and 60# injectors wil be what you need.I have a mp2 15%, cam and heads and it ran right out of 42# injectors. Why buy them twice?

Just wondering if I will be safe to run my 36's with the MP2 and 15%OD MP setup this year? The next set I plan on getting is 50's, and the head/cam package will probably be next years project. Should I just go ahead and install the 50's now or run my 36's this year until the head/cam package? I was seeing 19psi with my 94 blower and MP plenum @10%OD.

With stock heads and cam I don't think your gonna move enough air to need anything bigger than the 36# injectors. At those elevated boost levels I would be more concerned that your fuel pump is capable of providing enough flow at max pressure. Unless you have a 255 lph hi pressure/ forced induction pump, it's probably not going to keep up at max boost.

David

With stock heads and cam I don't think your gonna move enough air to need anything bigger than the 36# injectors. At those elevated boost levels I would be more concerned that your fuel pump is capable of providing enough flow at max pressure. Unless you have a 255 lph hi pressure/ forced induction pump, it's probably not going to keep up at max boost.

David

He might ran out. Bruce aka T1Bird did on a stock motor and stock 94 blower. So did Ryan A Harris.

I have a 255 pump that I got from SCP, I am pretty sure it wasn't the FI pump. Victor offers the high pressure pump, I will prob just get that also to be safe.

Should I get the 50's or 60's? After seeing tim's comment looks like 60's might be the way to go for the future. What sampling tube will I need for my 76MM maf? According to Dave's post on the 60lb. group buy I'll need an 80MM Maf to handle the 60's?

I am going to run the MP2 at 10% for now, until I can get a tune done. I also have coated rotors installed. Hopefully I can get it tuned at the Dayton meet, I'll bring the 15% and possibly swap, hopefully i can get it to Dayton with those injectors on the current tune.

Last edited:
Payton, I have a 89-93 M90 on my car, unported untouched, I doubt the inlet plenum has ever even been off the Supercharger since factory, only thing that has come apart is the Top came off 2 years ago and I borrowed a raised top, in the process I stripped one of the bolts so now its Heli coiled in. I ran out of injectors at 13.5psi on a stock m90 with a 76mm MAF and stock TB, stock heads, 30 pound injectors, So now Im stepping up to 42 pound with a 75mm TB S port and overdriving it 7%

Payton, what a memory....

I hit a wall at 260 HP on the dyno with my 36'ers. I'm running a ported 95 blower, 255 FI fuel pump, a doulbe IC. When on the dyno Dave Dalke told me, until larger injectors are installed I'm done with HP on this setup. I had my injectors cleaned and rebuild beofre I had re-installed them. As for OD pulley, I have a stock crank, jackshaft pulley, but the SC pulley is from an early SC, so 3% or so.

If I was able to do it, I'd jump at the larger injector, the 50's. Leaves room for the future, and can run with your current set up.

Good luck with which ever way you go.

the 50's with the 255FI pump is what I am going to get. I did some more searching the test car that ran the MPX was running about 65% duty cycle on the 60's. I am not going to be near that, plus I don't really want to buy another intake setup. Looks like I'll go with the 50's, they should work for me for a while.

Anyone know what sample tube I am going to need?

I read on FordFuelInjection.com that anything over a 50lb injector is very hard on the EEC because of the additional current required to operate the larger injector. Just something to think about. As for the sampling tube, I don't know.

Payton, what a memory....

I knew that I was close to what upgrades your cars had at the time, but wasn't sure. I hope you weren't being sarcastic Ryan. I am sorry I brought your name up without asking you first. Was trying to give rzimmerl heads up so he won't get frustrated at the Dyno when it's too late.

I knew that I was close to what upgrades your cars had at the time, but wasn't sure. I hope you weren't being sarcastic Ryan. I am sorry I brought your name up without asking you first. Was trying to give rzimmerl heads up so he won't get frustrated at the Dyno when it's too late.

I'm not mad at you for using my name, I have no trouble with that at all. Hope our info can help out...

Alot of talk on here about going from 30lb injectors to 50 or 60lbers. No mention of 42s. These are cheaper and easier to come by. Will they support 300+ at the wheels with the 255 fuel pump? Just might be a cheaper option if your not going too heavy into mods.

Alot of talk on here about going from 30lb injectors to 50 or 60lbers. No mention of 42s. These are cheaper and easier to come by. Will they support 300+ at the wheels with the 255 fuel pump? Just might be a cheaper option if your not going too heavy into mods.

There is plenty of people on here running 42lb injectors.Will they support 300 at the wheels?From what I've read it totally depends on the combo.I've read where some people maxed them out at 260 rwhp and others have creasted 300.I think I read you can run a smaller injector if you have heads and cam than if you don't.I'm sure someone on here will chime in with more info as to why.

Jay

For one thing, if your heads and cam are more efficient, then you will need less boost to reach the same power level. Less boost reduces your fuel demands. Now, if you are running equal boost on both the stock and the improved engine and have the same injectors, then I guess you should have more power for the improved engine. Beyond that,I dunno.

Back