Valve cover replacement

a0mqdzz

Where the heck do ya start? Remove the whole S/C W/ tubes and throttle body or dissasemble it all peice by peice. Some step by step sure would be nice!:rolleyes:

Valve Covers

This is how I did it.

Passenger side.
I removed in this order; intake tube,TB, I unbolted the A/C compressor and moved it towards the front of the car. At this time I choose to remove both plenum's W/O removing the cowl or SC, Looking back it would be allot easier to just unbolt the SC then the return plenum, your choice. I then unbolted the valve cover and manipulated it out.

Drivers side.
I removed the upper ic tube, unbolted the lower ic tube, I chose to remove the ic, I then moved the lower ic tube towards the front of the car, but did not remove it, unbolted and removed the valve cover. On the drivers side the valve cover was extremely tight to remove through the space provided, but it is possible.

Good Luck

-Andrew

passenger side is about done and I took the inter cooler out but the tube will not slide back. Is there a bracket on that tube somewhere?

Under the tube on the p.s. bracket there is a nut that holds it in. I always "forget" to put it back on though.;)

S

Back