PDA

View Full Version : Code reader anyone?

Sweet90SC
02-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Well got my car back together and it seems to be running fine...but I have a check engine light...anyone got a code reader?:mad:

Flip
02-24-2007, 08:15 PM
"Goodyear" should have one or any Advance or Autozone should be able to read it for you.

SuperChicken89
02-24-2007, 11:13 PM
I have an ODB 1 code reader. They are fairly cheep at Advance Auto or Autozone. I think I paid $28 for mine this past summer.

Bryan

Sweet90SC
02-25-2007, 10:32 AM
"Goodyear" should have one or any Advance or Autozone should be able to read it for you.

we do...I don't wanna do it at work ...

Sweet90SC
02-25-2007, 10:34 AM
I have an ODB 1 code reader. They are fairly cheep at Advance Auto or Autozone. I think I paid $28 for mine this past summer.

Bryan

Thanks that should help I need to get one anyway...Just pisses me off because it is running great and I cant hear any vacuum leaks..

SuperChicken89
02-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Are you sure the EGR Transducer wiring is connected? If it isn't, that will throw a code.

Bryan

Sweet90SC
02-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Are you sure the EGR Transducer wiring is connected? If it isn't, that will throw a code.

Bryan

Where is that located? I know for sure the EGR is sealed tight as a mortgage loan officer....

SuperChicken89
02-26-2007, 06:52 PM
The EGR Transducer is normally bolted to the back side of Inlet Plenum between the Throttle Body and the Supercharger. The EGR Transducer has an electronic connector which mates up to the vehicle wiring. It is very easy to leave this connector unhooked which will cause your "Check Engine" light.

This is just a guess on my part. I assume you swapped out you SC again.

Bryan

Sweet90SC
02-26-2007, 11:40 PM
of course..:D ..couldn't keep that ~~~ that was on there..anyways I had 2 plugs on the TB one on the side ond one on the lower back by the plenum where it bolts to the TB..as far as I can tell they are both connected...unless there is one more I missed...:o

SuperChicken89
02-26-2007, 11:55 PM
of course..:D ..couldn't keep that ~~~ that was on there..anyways I had 2 plugs on the TB one on the side ond one on the lower back by the plenum where it bolts to the TB..as far as I can tell they are both connected...unless there is one more I missed...:o

There should be 2 electronic connections on the TB.... Throttle Position Sensor and Idle Air Control. These two connectors are on the SC side of the TB. There is a third connector on the Inlet Plenum, which is for the EGR Transducer. That one is located on the Firewall (backside) of the Inlet plenum. It may be very difficult to see if the cowl is installed on the car.

What did you take apart? You have never said what was disassembled. I just assumed you replaced the SC again. If we know what was disassembled, It may make trouble shooting the issue a little easier.

Good luck

Bryan

Sweet90SC
02-28-2007, 12:29 AM
theren is a snall black box mounted to the back of the plenum. It kinda clips in behind it. If this is what you are reffereing to I did plug it on..but just maybe it came loose during intsall I'll give it a looksie....to see

thanks Rick

the-big-e
02-28-2007, 09:57 AM
If that doesn't work, a small piece of black electrical tape over the CEL will fix that booger.....:p

Sweet90SC
02-28-2007, 12:12 PM
If that doesn't work, a small piece of black electrical tape over the CEL will fix that booger.....:p

I'll pull the bulb first Eddie...hate the damn thing anyways...everytime you pass gas in the car it goes off....:eek:

the-big-e
02-28-2007, 03:43 PM
When I find an SC in the local pull-a-part, I take the gauge cluster out and 9 times out of 10, the CEL and ABS bulbs are missing......:rolleyes:

SuperChicken89
02-28-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm with Ed on this one... just pull da bulb:D

Bryan

Sweet90SC
02-28-2007, 07:09 PM
guess I,m gonna have to fellas I went thru every single connection under there and nothing..even to lil transducer thingy was plugged in just fine....I can find no loose connections at all....Hey Eddie get me a speedo with nice low miles and I'll pay ya nice bukkies for it..:D ...it just dont make any sense the car runs better than ever...:confused: .....oh and boy does that super charger sound sweet!:D

SuperChicken89
03-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Bring the SC by this weekend and I'll read the code. Then you can pull the bulb.

Bryan

the-big-e
03-01-2007, 11:04 AM
guess I,m gonna have to fellas I went thru every single connection under there and nothing..even to lil transducer thingy was plugged in just fine....I can find no loose connections at all....Hey Eddie get me a speedo with nice low miles and I'll pay ya nice bukkies for it..:D ...it just dont make any sense the car runs better than ever...:confused: .....oh and boy does that super charger sound sweet!:D

Any particular mileage you are looking for?

I have speedos that have 78,000 to 165,000 on them......

However, I am not sure if they are working condition though.....:confused:

I need to find the time to test all of them.....:rolleyes:

The one in my red 89 that has 68,000 on it, but that one isn't for sale.....