air/vac leak at injector?

joenintiesc

I just finished doing a pressure test on the intake system on my 90SC. I could clearly hear air escaping from either one or both of the front passenger side injectors (50#'ers).

The car has not been driven for a few weeks and it's been cold in my garage. Is it possible that the injector o-rings could shrink a little after sitting awhile in the cold, and then just expand and seal properly when warmed up by the engine? I don't remember smelling fuel while the car's been running...

Thanks for any input :)

I just finished doing a pressure test on the intake system on my 90SC. I could clearly hear air escaping from either one or both of the front passenger side injectors (50#'ers).

The car has not been driven for a few weeks and it's been cold in my garage. Is it possible that the injector o-rings could shrink a little after sitting awhile in the cold, and then just expand and seal properly when warmed up by the engine? I don't remember smelling fuel while the car's been running...

Thanks for any input :)

Joe do you have a aftermaket cam in your SC?? Call me Monday night. I maybe gone for a couple of days. If I am not here call me on my cell. Get it from Damon. It is private. I will be at the Mayo.

Today is my Wedding anniversary 28 years! I still Love her. Actually more than the day I married her. She was heaven sent. He send me a real Angel!! If you have a non stock cam It could be leaking from your valves.
It might be possible to leak from your injectors I suppose. I would have to think about that. Remember a tock cam all your valves would be closed but with a bigger cam some valves could remain opened. You must be using the Vacum tester. What do you think??

ive had the injectors leak at seals "orings" i used soapy water then reved the engine it leaked big time

new orings pushed down tight and tighten the bolts and leak was gone and i gained 2 lbs boost back

ive had the injectors leak at seals "orings" i used soapy water then reved the engine it leaked big time

new orings pushed down tight and tighten the bolts and leak was gone and i gained 2 lbs boost back

Thanks Manny, :cool: :) :D

Learn something new everyday!!! Joe will be happy about that and I am happy that our vacumm tester does work well. Cool Manny. I still owe you a email I started but haven't finished it. I will after we get back,

Be well!

Take care Manny!!!!

Victor...

When the car's running, spray some brake cleaner around each injector. If the idle changes then that's where you have the vacuum leak on the injector.

Thanks for the responses! I guess I will finish installing the new MAC CAI, start it up and check it some more...

Back