Porting SC intake

if i had the money.... the main reason i want to port it myself is beacuse it would be great to learn those things and IM BROKE!!!! hahahah:mad: o well... ~~~~happens.... im about ready to put my supercharger back togather after porting it!!!

I found a site with a "how to" and i was just wondering if anyone has done this?

http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12how-to/intake/intake-howto.html

mostly Im wondering about the air divider....

it seems like somthing that would be more difficult....

well if you have done this, what gains did you see?

any before and after numbers?

I agree with everything done in the article, except the removal of the air divider. It's there to help provide a more equal distribution of air to each of the cylinders.

David

well i figure you could get more air into the intake....but thats about it.... as far as i can see

well i figure you could get more air into the intake....but thats about it.... as far as i can see

but....u wouldnt have equal air flow to all 6 cylinders. see what we're sayin ? i think the intake flows pretty well for its design. i pulled my heads off to port them and do this job to intake, as well as gasket match it with the heads.

ok from what others are saying i think i will just gasket match my intake and take out some corners that they have pointed out... but them i will leave them at that, and move onto my heads....

These manifolds work just fine with or without the air divider.
It dependes on the use, power to rpm range, of the manifold.

I have found its best to machine the divider out. And build
a new shaped divider .

Randy

I found a site with a "how to" and i was just wondering if anyone has done this?

http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12how-to/intake/intake-howto.html

Does anyone know if porting the rearmost intake ports as shown in the how-to article above can cause problems? I keep seeing posts about blown headgaskets where it is one/both of the rear cylinders (#3 and #6).

If you port the intake and remove the "corner" restriction to #3 and #6 you'd probably allow more air into those cylinders, but the fuel would still be the same as the rest of the cylinders (which makes those 2 cylinders lean :eek: ) Just wondering...

If you follow Rich's instruction, you will have and see some improvments.
Just don't do the part of removing the triangle shape divider inside
of the manifold.

You need a mill and tig welder to remove the divider, and a weldor
that knows how to weld cast manifolds. Or the weld will crack.
The manifold in Rich's pictures on how to do this mod ,cracked .
And had to be rewelded. So not every local welding shop
can weld these manifold properly .

Randy

yeaper the triangle should stay unless you know what your doing ,
i leave it in as i don't have the knowledge to flow the lower randy did some extensive research on it . if you remove it and don't install vanes it the right areas you can imped flow and be in a worse state than a stock manifold.

now on my inverted it has no divider but my boost comes in more centrally located and i now use a N/A manifold converted to inverted it has nice runners and they flow down direct into port unlike the SC manifold that has to curve .

Back