Mustang V6 exahust sound question

Dahoopd

Tried a quick search but figured someone might throw it out there.

Why do the newer V6 mustangs have a much throughtier (sp) sound than our 6. Is it the resonator, mufflers or is just the way the motor is built. I have been checking out clips and videos of the birds and all of the differant set ups and "no offense to anyone" I have not heard an exhaust yet that sounds good. I know we will never have the sound of an 8 but the mustangs sound so much better than the birds. Any ideas?

I just want to do my exahust once. I know its personal choice but I havent found one that sounds good enough to be a personal choice.

I actually thought it was the other way around. I've heard a couple of V6 Mustangs with exhaust and it sounded way ~~~~ than any SC I've heard. My car has more of a deep tone to it compared to the one's that I have heard.

exhaust note

This is just a guess.

Not knowing anything about the mustang motor, I am guessing that is has a larger bore and shorter stroke than the SC engine.

Larger bore motors seem to have a deaper tone than smaller bore motors.

I looked at an 98 LX 3.8 stang the other day that had a lunati cam headers mac exhaust gears, chip, bigger maf, injectors and TB that not only sounded bad a** it would absolutely stomp the crap out of my SC or a stock pre 99 4.6 GT.... Love'd the sound couldn't hardly tell it was a 6 deffinately looking into mac for the sc!

Back