Is a T5 tranny swap possible?

Don't know if it's possible but I don't think you would want to.T-5's are a weak transmission and with our cars being so heavy and having alot of torque I beleive a T-5 would have a breakage issue if you beat on it at all.Which might be the reason ford didn't use the T-5 to begin with.I'm sure someone will chime in that has more info.Good luck with you're project.

Jay

Well only reason i asked is beacse T5's can be built to handle monster amounts of power. I know of several 500+HP street cars running TKO's out of the box.

Oh I agree I was just refering to a stock 6cyl T-5 or a none upgraded one.The TKO's are better my buddy's got a TKO-2 in his 10 sec stang with no problems so far.

Jay

Do a search on that trans. It can be used but you will need some mods and $ to get it to work. The big problem is the shifter ends up under the dash:eek:

i have a t5 from www.gforcetranmissions.com you do need an extension for the shifter. be careful about the extender you buy. The one i got was not manufactured properly and needed modification. If you do not have welding equipment then fixing it wouldn't be possible.

My buddy had a T-5 in his car, and we just swapped it for a M5R2. It worked, but the shifter came up in the ashtray. It worked fine, though.

exactly how hard is the sawp. The t-5 trannys are cable driven rather then hydrolic right? The tranny itself will just bolt right up? This is probably something I will do in the future before I ruin my M5R2. You would also have to have a mustang flywheel and clutch?

PM 2scs4me, he is the one who did it. He would know better than I about the specifics of the swap.

But, yes, a T-5 is cable op, and it will bolt right up if you get the correct bellhousing. I am not sure about the clutch and fly...

Back