Sounds Out of Time...

Young-SC-Owner

Well i went to start up the ol SC today after the rebuild, it seems to be out of time or something, it will crank crank crank..stop crank crank crank:confused: i tryed pulling a plug wire out and cranking but even then it does it so i tryed taking 2 out and it STILL does it so i have ablsolultly no idea what to do

I need any imput yall can give i need to get rid of it

Tony

By no means am I an expert, but Ive rebuilt my engine last year, so I have some knowledge.

Anyways, I would first look at how the cam synchronizer shaft is aligned. Also how the sensor is aligned to the shaft.

Im not real sure how to explain to do this, but Im pretty sure theres a tool available to help in the alignment.

Good Luck!

Mike B

TTT anyone??

I think the most likely thing that's causing the problem, is either the cam signal syncro stalk is installed incorrectly....or the plug wires are on wrong. Several of the repair manuals have the wrong numbering on the coil pack.

Let me know if you need some links...or just search "plug wire chart" and "cam sensor install".

David

yes stock rebuild, and i know the plugs on right on the coil pack i used yalls diagrams, so i guess i need to pull the cam synch stalk....:( i need help

Try pulling it out and turning it 180 degrees. If that doesn't work, you will need to start the timing set procedure all over again.

Back