Head Porting

kenewagner

Started porting the stock heads on my SC or more just cleaning the ports. I have a Dyna file, its a small hand held belt sander and boxes of assorted sanding rolls. The port runners are easy to clean up the casting marks and rough serfaces. I have gasket matched the intake ports. I am not trying to make these into high dollar ported heads. Just want to clean them up prior to a valve job and reinstall. My question is what is used to clean up the bowl areas, smooth out the rough areas. The sanding rolls and the dyna file dont work at all in those areas. Any pictures would be great. Thanks

Ken

Last edited:
hey ken not to hijack thread but can yeh read my PM's and get back to me, just let me know either way please:)

here is a good article
http://www.sa-motorsports.com/do-it-yourself.aspx

I purchased the deluxe porting kit from SA, it has alot of different uses. I also have quite a few different non ferrous burrs, they work great for heavy removal. Eastwood.com is a good place to purchase them also

I have been doing a lot of searching on this in the last months, I'll try to post some pictures that I have dug up

Last edited:
I used the summit kit when I did my e7's for my 5.slo and it was pretty easy took like 5 hours and made a mess but the kit has everything you would need die grinder is better then the dremel it tryed both. long shank die grinder and a dremel with the flex piece.

Back