shredded belts

Muad'Dib

ok so i'm driving down the road in fourth, just cruising, and it sounds like i run over some rocks. after i get stopped i pop the hood, and to my surprise my belts are COMPLETELY shredded. i don't even know what to compare it too, they are gone. i pulled and cut out everything that was left(not much). anyway i need some new belts, i have a 10% s/c pulley and a 5% j/s pulley. i need the proper part numbers for Gates or Goodyear belts. thanks.

All 3 of the belts came apart? I would be looking for some reason that they came apart before installing new ones.

have you gotten any oil or fluids on your belts? check for seized bearings. was the belt just old? have you done any junkyard swaps recently. If you have, keep in mind that the NA t-bird used 6 rib accessories.

i need some new belts, i have a 10% s/c pulley and a 5% j/s pulley. i need the proper part numbers for Gates or Goodyear belts. thanks.

that is probably your reason right there. You have a 15% overdrive which is WAY to much unless you have serious internal mods

that is probably your reason right there. You have a 15% overdrive which is WAY to much unless you have serious internal mods

i've got the mods to go with the 15%.

i've had the car for about a year and a half, but it sat till about 3 months ago. when i got it the belts were decent but needed upgraded. i recently graduated college AND got married so money is a bit tight, and that put the belts on a back burner. stupid mistake. i ordered new tensioner springs, pulleys, the whole nine yards last night. i didn't order new belts because i didn't know which ones i needed.

Back