How do I remove the upper IC pipe

Extreme Close up !!!! :D

You need a spanner wrench. A chisel and hammer works too if you want to chew it up like I see alot.

- Dan

It comes off? LOL.. You do learn something new everyday. I just removed it from the top of the supercharger.

Remove the tube including the blower top (hat) as one piece then deal with the coupler if needed.

cool. I unbolted my intercooler and can't get the flange to line back up right with the upper IC pipe. Kind of figured if I undid the coupler that it might make it a little easier to get everything back together.

There is also a nut underneath the upper intercooler pipe that holds the pipe on. The easiest way to get that nut off is to go through the wheel well on the drivers side. It's a straight shot at it with an extension.:)

Buy the spanner wrench. It makes short work of the upper I/C tube nut. I just had mine off the titanium car for the H/G project. I put tape on the spanner so it doesn't scratch the coating on the nut.

isnt the collar nut reverse threaded ? or is it just that way cuz ur takin it off from behind ?

i cant remember, its been awhile since i had the stock IC tubing on.

Last edited:
I use a rubber strap wrench to keep from marring the collar nut.....

Get yourself some IC gaskets, you won't regret it......

Back