Finally done but having problems driving

Dizzo7693

I have a 1990 Thunderbird SC that I bought off of Max. One of the members on this site. Well I alreay had to replace the Supercharger due to noise at the tip of the snout. Th car drives good but after I put a 10% pulley on it I noticed that when I lay into it, it shows 10lbs and then gradually rises to 12lbs. When that happens my car starts to cut in and out at WOT. If I'm at 80% its fine. It's only when I'm at 100%.

Does that mean that I need bigger injectors?

The cats were taken out and I replaced the spark plugs to Autolite double platnums and spitfire wires. I dunno. I can up some help. Thanks

-Gabe

have you noticed a jump in ater temp?

I have a 1990 Thunderbird SC that I bought off of Max. One of the members on this site. Well I alreay had to replace the Supercharger due to noise at the tip of the snout. Th car drives good but after I put a 10% pulley on it I noticed that when I lay into it, it shows 10lbs and then gradually rises to 12lbs. When that happens my car starts to cut in and out at WOT. If I'm at 80% its fine. It's only when I'm at 100%.

Does that mean that I need bigger injectors?

The cats were taken out and I replaced the spark plugs to Autolite double platnums and spitfire wires. I dunno. I can up some help. Thanks

-Gabe

a 10% without better cooling abilities, a really good flowing exaust, and some minor upgrades to intake, and fuel, and yuoull be pulling timing up high, but spinning tires like a mad man in 1st. my suggestion is sell it, and buy a 5% j/s

Still sounds like spark blowout to me. What are the plugs gapped at? Are you sure the wires are tight on the plugs and coil pack?

Also could be fuel related, if you don't know when the last time the fuel filter was changed I'd change that as well. They cost about $7.00 at a parts store.

scott what would you gap your plugs at with that pulley?

i went with 1 heat range colder and gapped it at .050, with a 5%...no blow out,yet, what would one need for a 10%? also is this where the boost-a-spark comes in to play?

I went with Autolite 103's (I think thats the number), they are copper and supposedly 2 heat ranges colder. I have them gapped at .035". I run a 10% SC pulley, no cats, no mufflers, resonator only exhaust.

I went with the copper plugs because they were recommended to me by others on this site. Platinum can flake off when using nitrous and I don't want the car to backfire or detonate when it's on the bottle.

They don't last as long as platinum of double platinum plugs, but I change them every summer anyhow so it's no big deal for me.

Back