Shifter rebuild kit

BlckbirdSC

Ok, my shifter on my 91 SC 5spd is in desperate need of a rebuild. I know there used to be a kit that was sold on scperformance.com, but I don't see it there anymore. Is there anywhere else I can buy the kit? or the parts that were in the kit from Ford maybe? Thanks in advance.

Do a search and you will find a post I made asking the same question. Someone posted a link to a "how-to" with all the required part number. I have to go to the dealership tomorrow and pick up my parts, they finally came in.

If you haven't done the search yet, the post that Dustin is talkin about was on 07/28/2002. Hope this helps you. Also, my local dealer's parts boy tried to get me to buy parts I didn't need. Be careful, you don't have to buy the shift housing to get the bottom washer you can get a replacement washer. It is all in the post for Dustin.

Biggin':D

The only thing I have to say about the "how-to" link is do NOT cut the bottom plastic cup in half! They fall apart easy enough on their own. I did this repair on my '91 SC today and its about 100% better. To get the bottom plastic cup in without cutting it requires you to press the one post out and then you must press it back in. The shifter cups on my car obviously fell apart and down into the transmission as they were nowhere to be found. They are probably ground up and at the bottom of the pan now.

Below is the link:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/gipsonj_sc/M5R2 Rebuild.htm

I still have to get use to this new shifter feel.

Back