is there a special way to bleed my rear breaks

Do you have a repair manual?

On early SC's, you don't need to pump the pedal, you just need to turn the key to the on position and use the pump to pump the fluid. Just be sure that the mc is full of fluid. It's been a while since I've done my brakes, so I might be forgetting something.

I just bled the rear brakes on my girlfriends 93. I've never heard of hooking it up to the computer...I just unscrew the bleed screw a bit and let it bleed! Kurt's right about the early SC's though, that's one of the very few nice things about that system.

How early is early?? I'm going to be doing this this weekend (changing fluid and ABS Master). Mine is a '90... Pump or no pump???

Is there a way to bleed the rear brakes when you have the engine out for rebuild like I'M doing?How can I power the pump when most of the harness is out?I've already replaced all the calipers and gravity bled the system but the old pump and hold method worked on the front,but now that I have done that,no fluid at all at the rear will come out.

Is there a way to bleed the rear brakes when you have the engine out for rebuild like I'M doing?How can I power the pump when most of the harness is out?I've already replaced all the calipers and gravity bled the system but the old pump and hold method worked on the front,but now that I have done that,no fluid at all at the rear will come out.

I'm sure there is a way to hardwire the pump temporarily so you can bleed the brakes, but unfortunately I do not know where to hook up the wires.

I'd just bleed it when the engine is back in...since you won't be needing the brakes until then :D I would say, all you'd have to do is wire up the pump (probably just 12 volts on one wire and gnd on the another) but I'm not 100% sure that'd do the trick.

How early is early?? I'm going to be doing this this weekend (changing fluid and ABS Master). Mine is a '90... Pump or no pump???

Pump.....

I am hoping to get my Tevees unit changed out today......

So it looks like I'll be doing the same thing.....:rolleyes:

Just remember the GOSPEL RULE about bleeding brakes....

ALWAYS START with the wheel that is FURTHEST away from the Master Cylinder ...

1. Passenger Side Rear
2. Driver Side Rear
3. Passenger Side Front
4. Driver Side Front

and make SURE to have PLENTY of brake fluid on hand....

1. Passenger Side Rear
2. Driver Side Rear
3. Passenger Side Front
4. Driver Side Front

And the sequence was going to tbe the next question...... Sweet :D

1. Passenger Side Rear
2. Driver Side Rear
3. Passenger Side Front
4. Driver Side Front

I didn't know that...makes plenty of sense though!

without the pumo you may still be able to gravity bleed the system..Just make sure the resevoir is full..I havnt treid but it may work

I just did mine back in OCT with no motor in the car.
All I did was hooked up a battery charger the pos, to the pos, cable
and grounded the neg, cable and turned the key to the on position.
And that should work.

Back