sc rear bearings

zbird1

Do you press them out from the back in or
from the inside out of the sc?
and do you need to grease them when you put it back together.
Thank you.

I just used a socket and drove em out from the back. New bearings should already be greased...so just drive em in from the back and call it good.

Our article will give you some tips:

http://www.sccoa.com/articles/rearwheelbearing.php

The hub presses out towards the wheel side and then the bearing presses out towards the diff side of the knuckle. Make sure the bearing is fully seated when it is pressed in and check again once the hub is pressed back into the bearing. The old bearing can serve as part of you support when you are pressing the hub back in the bearing.

Nope, you were probably right! :) I read "sc" as Supercoupe and it was probably meant to be supercharger.

I think I misunderstood rear bearings to be in the rear of the car. I couldn't figure out how you pounded them out with a socket and a mighty big hammer!!!!

if your talking about the supercharger i just used a press... and t all went togather nice and easy.... about 30 mins

Yes it is the supercharger and yes I plan on using a press but does it matter which way you press them out or in.
Thanks.

press the pulley side and it should come out the back....

the rear bearing will still be on the shaft

you need to press off the coupler holder thingy..

then the bearing... oil them before you install...

then the front bearing is still in the snout that one comes out the pulley side and then it pressed back in... with the new oil seal..

put the snapring back in and press in the shaft with srping, bearing, and coupler holder thingy...

once you get it apart you will see thiers only one way for them to go on...

i brought mine to a performance shop and watched them do it but it was simple... if i had a press i could have done it.... clean everything before you put it back togather.... they charged me 50 bucks for the hour it took to take apart, clean, take pictures, and re install...

Back