What do you think...94 SC with 89-93 rear bumper cover??

M

Mike Manzo

What do you think...94 SC with 89-93 rear bumper cover??

I was recently mildly rear ended (cracked bumper cover and a little bumper-gutz damage..

Anyway, I was wondering what people would think of the 93 and below rear cover instead of the 94...Yeah, its making it not original, but I always thought the 93 bumper looked better...

I love the front end of the 94, but the non-functional flat-black plastic thingie would have been better is replaced with SVT-Contour style mesh instead..

I am thinking of keeping the 94 bumper and having it fixed and then modding it, maybe...

Would this really screw up resale if I was to resell the car?? (probably, huh?)

Thanks

well..

Its your car, do what you want to it. I think it would look sweet. I know someone is thinking about putting 89-93 bumpers and hood and headlights on their 95 SC. I don't think I'd do that, but I would like to swap interior pieces with a newer SC. I like the newer interior much better than my two older SC's.

-Scott-

Re: well..

Before you worry about the rear bumper, replace the front bumper.

Re:

Well I have seen a 94 with the early style bumper, it looked alright yet somewhat out of place.
I was looking at a used 94 5sp that I saw on auto trader. It was red and had some pannels repainted so that didn't match much either. But it did have the 89-93 rear bumper. I guess its all your personal opinion.
I'm keeping the original bumper on my 94.
John

i'll see

I think I have a pic of a light blue SC with early bumper on the rear, I'll try to find it, upload it, and post it.

-Scott-
no 100.jpg

1993 Audi quattro 5-speed
1992 Thunderbird SC 5-speed
1990 Thunderbird SC auto

I pulled an instrument cluster out of a 94 SC in that teal color...it had an 89-93 rear bumper cover, I looked 'cause I would have pulled it if it was a 94-95. It looked just fine, not out of place at all.

I pulled an instrument cluster out of a 94 SC in that teal color...it had an 89-93 rear bumper cover, I looked 'cause I would have pulled it if it was a 94-95. It looked just fine, not out of place at all.

Wow .. thats an old thread. :rolleyes:

- Dan

Back