codes after SC replacement (long)

Sweet90SC

I had to replace my old SC with a rebuilt one the other day and now the car is thowing a code..Don't have a code reader so I cant say which one(I will be getting one today) but here is the strange thing that is happening. I start the car and it will idle great. even sounds great for a couple of minutes. Then the Check engine light comes on and the idle drops way off the as engine begins to run rough like it has a vacuum leak. I have checked all wire connections and all vacuum seals and hoses including the really tough one by the fire wall for the EGR. Everything seems to be very snug and all wire connections are connected I have even unpluged the batt terminals and tried to reset to computer. As I say the car will start great run perfect for a min or so then the rpms drop off and it begins to miss and on comes the CEL. Something is obviously amiss. Now once the car warms up she runs like a champ but the CEL stays on. Whats funny is I pulled the plug loose from the MAF sensor and she smoothed out and seemed pick up in rpms and ran fine. So guys...on my simple SC/plenum replacement...what the he!! did I miss?:eek:

Thanks Rick

Mine did something similar one time, turned out to be a dirty maf and a bad o2 sensor. Once the motor gets up to temp the eec starts paying attention to the o2's and adjusts the mixture slightly.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
Back