My Snow Boost Cooler really works.

Mike Puckett

SCCoA Member
I can monitor my ACT temps on the dash with a meter circuit I made. Previously when the temp got up to around 120 degrees and I sprayed it the ACT temp would fall back to about 60 degrees. Well, today at the track I didn't think it would be warm enough to need it but after my 2nd pass I noticed that the ACT temp got up to 120 and I thought it would be a good test. My 2nd pass was a 12.96 without it and my 3rd pass with it was a 12.89. Both runs were into a very stiff headwind, maybe as much as 20mph. The runs were nearly identical until after the 1/8th where I cut a .1 off and My trap speed was 3mph faster on the sprayed run. I can't wait to see how it does when hot weather gets here.

Mike, thats really great to see real world results on this. I have felt for some time now that dyno testing just doesn't do the product justice. Thanks for the update!

David

I've just discovered that I made all 3 passes and drove it home with a blown headgasket. It's leaking out under the headers and not into the cylinders. I smelled coolant on the 1st pass but it didn't drip on the line and we couldn't find a leak or drip anywhere till after the 3rd pass. My K&N A/F meter still reads normal on both side's O2 sensors so they haven't seen any coolant and the oil is still clear as new. I even ran quicker as the day wore on. Go figure! I was hoping it was the heater hose but I was in denial. I'm outa cars. Time to see if the 89 will still run.

It's activated by MAF voltage not boost level. I have the dial set at about 3.5 volts or so. It's a little hard to tell the way the dial graduations are done. It comes on at ~3000 rpm and above. If it's coming on at a certain boost level I don't know. I had it set at a lower MAF voltage earlier but it consumed too much fluid. Frankly, I was so busy driving the car I didn't have time to look. The head wind we had was ferocious. Coming down the track at a 30 degree angle and gusting to 20-25mph I had my hands full. The tall pines were swinging in the wind like they were saplings. I had to really lean into and fight the steering to keep it straight especially when I cleared the bleachers. Fortunately I was hooking up good off the line and turning great reaction times. If it had been a tail wind I'd have run 12.5's.
For fluid I'm using Cameco -20 degree washer solvent with 2 bottles of Heet per gallon. Cameco told me their solvent has no surfactants just methanol and water basically but wouldn't tell me the concentration so I added the Heet on Dave's recommendation.

I would like to know that too because I think mine is set to high and I can feel the car shudder a little when it hits full pressure.

Marty

Sounds to me like the nozzle is too large and it's going REALLY fat up top. I have a test button on mine and at 3krpm with no boost it will drop my AFR's to sub 10s and make the car stumble. People without wideband AFR meters will normally test fire it until it stumbles.

What size nozzle or nozzles are you running? I'm running 7gph supporting 33psi....100% methanol.

I think I have the 375ML nozzle or is it 325. I am not sure. Dave what nozzles did you ship with the kits you sold?

Marty

Back