PDA

View Full Version : Tuning date approaching, who's interested?

XR7 Dave
03-04-2007, 11:59 AM
As I get closer to finishing Ira's car I am planning a trip to the Long Island and a stop in NJ is def. part of the plan. I have committments to tuning for Vic and Joe. Anyone else need work?

I don't have a date set in stone yet because until I overcome any unforseen issues with Ira's car I can't confirm an exact date but most likely it will be around the weekend of the 24th. A tentative plan is for me to meet with Ira on Thursday and the be available on Friday for road tuning. I have some work to do on Vic's car so that may take up most of the day but I need to know who would be available for road tuning at some point in time on Friday. Dyno tuning would be set for Saturday.

I have not confirmed dyno time but most likely we would use Crazy Horse again. Post up if you are interested.

Chips - $350
Tuning only - $200

I have prior committments to a couple of you so email me if you have questions.

Thanks!

David

XxSlowpokexX
03-04-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm going to show up justto watch :O)

joenintiesc
03-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Sweet! :D I'll post a link to this thread on the njtacc...

One question though- what do you mean by "road tuning"? Is that part of the chip programming process? Done before the dyno tune part?

XR7 Dave
03-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Yes, road tuning has become part of my routine. We will connect the datalogger to the car and drive around to verify road manners including things like closed loop operation. We will tune driveability first and then put it on the dyno afterward to set up the WOT portion. This extra step is why tuning is costing more now than it did in the past but I feel this is an important part of getting the most out of your tune.

89XR7TD
03-05-2007, 01:17 PM
I didn't realize it would be this soon! This is for my 89SC 5-Speed!!I better finish buying parts and put them on!Not sure if I should leave off the egr valve yet either?? I bought a new 1 but might leave it off? Any advantages w/o??My car is stock, going with new parts like, late model blower,ported inlet plenum,75MM TB,76 C&L,42# inj.different exhaust,OD SC Pulley,3.5 CAI.... The car came with 1 of those noisy aftermarket fuel pump but not sure which has in it?Just wanted to let you know what I have before tune time! Oh is that 24th,25th,of March or April??

Thanks Dave!

fasttbird12
03-06-2007, 11:49 AM
dave im intersted in getting my car tuned im out on long island 35 minutes east of irar could you schedule me in. do you supple the eec tuner to use?

XR7 Dave
03-22-2007, 09:34 AM
Guys the tuning date has been postponed slightly. I'll update when I have a date. It might be short notice though. Sorry for the inconvenience but the trip to NY determines the final date.

XR7 Dave
03-22-2007, 09:35 AM
dave im intersted in getting my car tuned im out on long island 35 minutes east of irar could you schedule me in. do you supple the eec tuner to use?

I don't do EEC Tuners if you are refering to the name brand. I use SCT chips and yes I provide them. Time and schedule permitting I'll be happy to tune your car. When I'm ready to make the trip I'll post up a few days in advance.

Ken Seegers
03-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Guys the tuning date has been postponed slightly. I'll update when I have a date. It might be short notice though. Sorry for the inconvenience but the trip to NY determines the final date.

Ira it is all your fault!!!!:p

David,
I will contact you about the valves and etc.

Thanks
Ken
PS now back to show.....

Ira R.
03-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Ira it is all your fault!!!!:p

David,
I will contact you about the valves and etc.

Thanks
Ken
PS now back to show.....

Yea, well..... you don't know the half of it. :o You will be blaming me for a lot more than just this before this year's done. :rolleyes:

Ira

89XR7TD
03-23-2007, 11:54 PM
At least this give's me a little more time to get my car ready for a tune!!! :D :D :D

XR7 Dave
03-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Looks like it's being pushed back to the 7th. I'll post up when we have confirmation.

David

SilverCasket
04-19-2007, 01:49 AM
I'm assuming that's MAY 7th! Since April 7th passed. .. Dave, if you read this, drop an updae. Also, I'll give you a call over the next few days. I was in FL for awhile there.

Anthony

Ira R.
04-19-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm assuming that's MAY 7th! Since April 7th passed. .. Dave, if you read this, drop an updae. Also, I'll give you a call over the next few days. I was in FL for awhile there.

Anthony

Actually, Anthony, I think this was for April 7th. Stuff keeps getting in the way though, so I don't know what the schedule is anymore. But please feel free to update us all after you speak with him.

Ira

XR7 Dave
04-19-2007, 09:34 AM
I am out of town at the moment but the plan is to be in Jersey Sunday night, I'll have to provide a better update on Saturday. I know its stupid short notice but that's how it goes. Ira, the car is running sweet so far!

Ira R.
04-19-2007, 12:37 PM
I am out of town at the moment but the plan is to be in Jersey Sunday night, I'll have to provide a better update on Saturday. I know its stupid short notice but that's how it goes. Ira, the car is running sweet so far!

That's the best news I've heard in a while!! A million questions, of course, but they will wait......

Ira

XxSlowpokexX
04-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Is that the planter thats running? If so I'm jealous

Ira R.
04-20-2007, 07:17 AM
Is that the planter thats running? If so I'm jealous

Yep :D

Ira

Miller
04-28-2007, 06:09 PM
did this happen yet ?

Ira R.
04-28-2007, 09:12 PM
It did.

Ira

Payton
04-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Where's the results

Ira R.
04-28-2007, 10:03 PM
Out there in the driveway..... for a change!! Damn car has been broke more than it's been not!

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/irar_6971081/CARPARTS001.jpg

Ira