A/C problems...94SC

cudaz101

OK, I have ran this scenario by a few other forums, so I will give you guys a try at it...I am miffed...

OK...Hot Cold, does not matter...The A/C will work then quit working, or I will turn it on and it will not work at all, then maybe kick on for a few seconds or minutes...I have watched it do this with the hood up...The clutch engauges and disengages when it wants to work...It does not sit there engauging and disengauging...When it decides to work it works well...I took the pressure from the high and low side and it checks out right in the middle of the psi allowance given...

I have changed the A/C engauging switch "Ford MoCo Part BTW", and have the same exact scenario...Scince then I have been at a stand still...Hoping for a new direction to go with my fix on this...

Hope there is enough detail there for you guys..Thanks in advance...

Cheers

What were your running pressure readings?

Sounds like you may have a low charge. You can try jumpering the pressure switch with a paper clip for a short time to see if the clutch will stay engaged. If it does, then the high pressure reading will (my bet) probably indicate low refrigerant. You can't tell jack from the just the low pressure readings, so if its one of those walmart guages or a bicycle tire guage, you should take it to a shop, or buy/borrow/rent a set of A/C guages.

Yep...

You are spot on with the guess on my gauge...It is a cheapy...Regardless, I will take it in and have it tested...If it was a part to be replaced then I would want to do it on my own if possible...Anyways, thanks much

Back