Summit Racing Slotted/Drilled Rotors

BlownV6

Just ordered 2 pair front and black. Very nice price. Anyone have them?

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...924930+4294840073+4294922533+115&autoview=sku

sum-dsep-5514l.jpg

Nice find. About $30 less each than I've seen from another source.

Now get some Porterfield brake pads and your car will stop incredibly well. I was very impressed with Porterfield pads on an XR7 even with stock calipers and rotors. It would stop well before my SC would. I hate my SC's brakes. They work decent for stop and go driving, but if I push the car in the corners or run it up to triple digit speeds I can't exactly stop on a dime. Even from 70 mph on the highway they leave a lot to be desired.

http://www.porterfield-brakes.com/

I am looking for some kind of brake upgrade for my car, but I can't afford the cost of cobra brakes, so I am staying with the stock size. Will those summit brakes and the Porterfield pads help that much?

BlownV6, post some pics for us when you get 'em on the car!

The porterfield pads alone are a night and day difference. I can only imagine the slotted and drilled rotors helping because of the increased cooling.

With cross drilled rotors however they tend to develp stress cracks next to the holes, but I've never personally seen one actually break apart.

Plus they cool better and don't warp as bad as a solid rotor which is undersized as it is for these heavy cars.

Alrighty, thanks, Scott! I will look around Porterfield's site and find the pads for the next time I need to upgrade. (read: after my stock rotors warp again) I am only trying to slow or stop warping, I can handle the stopping distances, since I am already used to it at this point.

Edit: I want the R4-S compound, right? Also, do you have a part number because I can't find the pads on their site.

I am looking for some kind of brake upgrade for my car

sn95 Mustang dual piston calipers with stock sized rotors work extremely well as an upgrade..That with some good pads and its about teh cheapest and best upgrade youy can do for the money.I;d perfer it over the mark VIII rotor and caliper upgrade

Damon, what year calipers am I looking for? What else will I have to have? will I need some kind of special bracket or adapter?

Back