Door molding location...

Kit Sullivan

Could someone give me an exact measurement of the location of the side moldings on the doors for a 90 Super Coupe?
I think I just need the exact measurement from the bottom edge of the door to the bottom edge of the molding, at both the front and rear of the door.
Thanks...

Measured from the lower edge of the door to the lower edge of the moulding with a tape measure pressed against the door panel:

Front: 11½"

Rear: 12"

Thanks!....(I have to add meaningless extra characters or the message comes up that my message is to short)

So..thanks again!

I'll check the FSM to confirm for you. Or, you could just refer back to your carefully recorded measurements taken before disassembling the car... oooops. : )

JD

I measured the distance of the 35th 'annie' emblems based on the position of the moldings, but I didn't measure the moldings themselves because I thought I was going to leave them attached and paint around them. The body shop would have nothing to do with that 'half-~~~' method and said they would remove them. Subsequently, I failed to measure thier location before they were removed. So, my fault...I should have done so.
I have the FSM, but it doesn't give the exact location of the moldings, only the method to attach them.
So, I need the expert advice of the fellow cogniscenti here.

By the way, I have quickly discovered that the fine group of fellow owners here have way more knowledge of the intricacies of the Super Coupe than Ford could ever hope to pretend to know.

I know how it goes when a big project gets underway; things sometimes get overlooked. Still better to remove the mouldings than paint around them. I think you're right in that the FSM is fairly vauge on placement of the mouldings. Also, this IS the place to get quick accurate answers. Ford would like to disown these cars, and forget they ever built them!

JD

PS: I can measure my 3 cars tonight to get you some more data if you'd like.

Back