Vac Only Reading About 12 Help Please!!!

SVT_BIRDSC

MY VAC AT ILDE IS LIKE 12 I KNO THAT CANT BE RIGHT IS THAT GOOD OR BAD WHATS THE PROBLEM CUZ ITS ONE THING AFTER ANOTHER WITH THIS CAR BECAUSE THE PERSON THAT HAD IT HALF AZZ PUT STUFF TOGATHER ON IT NOW I GOTTA FIX ALL THE PROBLEMS :confused: :confused:

no caps lock please. Time to look for vac leaks. There are a few different ways, do a search, FAQ section has a few I think too, title in the faq section is how to find boost leak if I remeber correctly.

MY VAC AT ILDE IS LIKE 12 I KNO THAT CANT BE RIGHT IS THAT GOOD OR BAD WHATS THE PROBLEM CUZ ITS ONE THING AFTER ANOTHER WITH THIS CAR BECAUSE THE PERSON THAT HAD IT HALF AZZ PUT STUFF TOGATHER ON IT NOW I GOTTA FIX ALL THE PROBLEMS :confused: :confused:

check all your vac. lines one may have come loose. idle in park should be around 18-20 +/-

How does it drive?

Low vacuum issues at idle can also be caused by ignition troubles. eg; mismatched or bad plug wires. At around 12" you should definitely be able to hear a vacuum leak if there is one. try getting another gauge to verify.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
Back