Quick SuperCharger Question :

ThunderTurkey

:confused: ~ "My Supercharger shaft is really rumbling. Would it be okay to take the belt OFF and drive it until I get the thing fixed? I plan on being VERY gentle!
Thanks!:)

I wouldnt recommend it drove mine once like that cuz belt wore out and ripped and flew off not very good on the motor i wouldnt do it

There is nothing wrong with that. Just remove the SC belt and you will be fine. It may prevent any further damage to the other components of the blower.

Thomas

Thomas is correct. There is absolutely nothing wrong with removing your blower belt and still driving the car. You will certainly notice the difference in power, but it will not hurt anything at all.

You may also want to tie the by-pass valve off so that it doesn't try to re-direct intake air through the blower (and intercooler) when vacuum drops during accelleration. This will help ensure that the intake air goes straight into the engine and isn't trying to circulate though the blower. If the air is allowed to circulate though the blower it will need to PUSH it's way through and have to turn the rotors. That's a pretty big restriction so you would do best to tie the vacuum operated by-pass valve.

Sounds like it just might ... WORK!!!

There is nothing wrong with that. Just remove the SC belt and you will be fine. It may prevent any further damage to the other components of the blower.-Thomas
;) ~"Thank you! My main worry was that the belt might also be turning something else I never thought of. - remember the old cars where the power steering always also ran the AC, or the water pump was also on the Alternator ... or .... UGH! I just hate to think what all they can get ONE belt to turn!":eek:

Back