Big Problems!!!

sc steve

anyone know what can make your Torque Converter "whoe"? I fixed my thermostat gasket over the weekend and my car ran perfect for an hour or so. I parked her in my driveway and she sat untill later in the night. When I took her back out I turned it over and was idling at around 2K rpm in park. I thought it was just acting up from not driving it much for the last week. So I took her out and it seemed like I had a lot of extra power???? So after a 5-10min ride it started making a sound like I never heard before! It was sort of like a vibrating sound mixed with a "whoeing" sound that was pretty loud. So I went home and when I turned her off the sound of her turning off sounded like the motor had NO oil in it!? Upon further inspection I realized it only did it when I was coasting or braking to slow down and when I was in park at idle.... anyone ever hear of this? It wasn't coming from the motor though... it sounded like it was coming from the tranny or TC. Thanks

-Steve:mad:

My bets is on your IAC (idle air control). This would cause a high idle and make a loud noise if the diaphram cracked. Only use the Ford unit (~$100) as the aftermarket unit you can buy at AutoZone or Advanced are upside down and will not work.

NICE!!!!

Thanks Dustin. I will try that man.... did I mention you are the man!:cool: I will post the results after I swap it out....

Thanks again,
-Steve

Back