Seafoam

Pat

One of my managers told me about using this to help clean the vacum lines. Doing some research I thought this might work well but one thought came to mind. Seafoam is flammable and the supercharger increases pressure, but then at idle it would be more of a vacum? My only concern would it be possible/likley for the Seafom to detonate inside or past the supercharger. Following the directions: If I were to add 1/3 to 1/2 pint of Seafoam through the PCV hose it would help clean out my lines.

Anytime i've read of using Seafoam, it's always been introduced after the supercharger into the return plenum, after the intercooler. It's used to clean the combustion chamber deposits. Perhaps heat and the combustion process have something to do with this, thats why it's flammable, so it doesn't kill the engine. I don't think I'd put in my PCV lines, valve, or anywhere else. Never used it, can't even find it out here, but that's my take on it. Hope it helps...

i've never used it on my SC but i have been using it on my Altima for over a year now with no problems. i put it in the oil b4 changes, in the gas tank every few months and in the vac. lines to get out the crap, crud and blow-by.

im sure theres some people on here that have used it in the SC.

If you insert it into the intake plenum which bolts to the intake manifold at the very back side of the engine, you wont' have any problems. I've used it on mine and it worked well. I used the fitting that the boost boost gauge line attaches to. Just use as directed. :cool:

Back