Supercharger alignment?!?!

90SuperBird

I have a new stock supercharger --new as far as I know-- that I wish to install on my newly-built motor, but the gearing is all messed up like someone took a hammer to the shaft trying to remove a gear or something. I took the blower to a performance shop around here and they said that they won't touch it because to get the alignment and timing right on it they need a special Ford jig or something.

I was wondering if anyone knew anywhere that might have this alignment tool ... I really don't want to put my 130k-mileage supercharger back on, but I don't want to shoot metal through my new block either.

Anyone??

Rich

superchargers

I've rebuilt several early style superchargers but I'm not understanding what is wrong with the new SC that you got, need more info. Is it the pulley that is damaged? If so, it can be replaced. I've got a feeling that your new SC came from a car that was wrecked in the front which could have damaged the main shaft. But the whole snout & pulley can be replaced.
The main thing that goes bad on these SCs is they run dry of fluid and overheat the bears or the seal behind the pulley starts to leak.
Just because your original SC has 130K on it doesn't make it bad. If it is quiet and has been maintained (not run out of fluid), there's no reason you can't get another 130k out of it.

Back