Strange Power Problem

ERamos

I thought I had a draw from somewhere that was draining my battery but I don't think thats the problem anymore. The battery would be funny charged and the car still struggles to start. It will start after a while but it is like struggling. Seems like a ground problem but not sure.....any ideas...........

Possibly the starter...

Recently, my car acted in a manner similar...It turned out to be the starter, it took me quite awhile before I was convinced...Instaled new starter...Wala...Check you starter connections really well before you replace, but if it has been in there for quite awhile it could very well be your culprait..This is the second one for me, both replacements have been NEW no rebuilds...This is a car w/95K on it...First one went out about 45K
second about 90K....

Good luck..

starter

The starter could be the problem huh, It is just real weird cause it is like something is draining hard, I know it takes a lot of juice to start these cars for some reason maybe that is why it seems strange. See my stereo will even reset the settings like the battery was drained completely. I will look into it.

HOLD UP!!!!

If your stereo/clock and sh!t are going back to default power off settings, then you may have a bad batt cable w/ a direct short drawing off your batt...I had this happen once with my 79TransAm, cable chaifed against the frame and then arced to it...It was a ugly azz melt down..."Just an Example" Yours sounds very minor, yet it is constantly draining your batt...Start chasin' cable and wires bro...Have fun...

Cheers

Battery drain

I realize that this could be caused by many things but I had the same problem. It turned out to be the head unit of the stereo. It quit turning the amp off when you turned off the car. Try disconecting the stereo fuse to see if the drain stops. You couls also try diconecting the amp in the trunk.Hope it helps

Very Possible

That could be possible also, I have disconnected my main power wire for my amps, but never the radio or the remote, it could be that also, I was about to redo all the extra wiring in my car anyway, like fog lights and the stereo system, I think I am going to do that soon.

Thanks,

I had the same problem with my 1990 Thunderbird, in case you haven't found the problem yet. It was a dirty battery connection. I cleaned the battery terminals and it fixed the problem

Back