Part # help needed quick!

Kit Sullivan

I have the 6-piece set of side moldings to install on my 90 SC, but I can't tell which piece goes on which door.

The moldings have the following part #s:

E9SZ-6320939-B9G

E9SZ-6320938-B9G

The only difference is the last digit in the second group of numbers: One is an 8 and the other is a 9.
Each piece looks as if it could fit on either door, but they are clearly not identical, so there must be a correct placement...but I can't figure it out!

OK, I got the part numbers on line and figured it out.

These moldings are wierd: The piece that attached to the front fender is fatter on top than bottom, so in cross-section, its 'fat-piece on top'.

However, the piece thattattaches to the rear 1/4 has thge fat section on the bottom. The door piece is 'neutral' at front, and apparently matches the 'fat bottm' at the rear of the door. Go figure.

My '92 has the thicker part along the bottom all through - front fender, door, and rear panel. The angled rear end of the front fender molding matches the angled front end of the door molding with the rear tip of the front fender molding overlapping the gap between the fender and the door.

Yeah, that certainly makes sense to me, and I feel that is the way it should obviously be. But these pieces aren't like that.
I don't find it likely, but maybe the fender moldings were in the 'jig' upside down when they were 'cut'. They are the ones that are 'odd' out of the bunch.
Each piece can only fit in one spot on the car due to the angle of the fender cuts.
Oh well, they are all attached now, and it isn't noticeable unless you are looing specifically for that.

The 9 will be the left side, 8 is the right side. Generally speaking, with Ford part numbers that are specified left and right in the basic (middle portion) of the number, the odd or higher number will be left, and the even or lower number will be right. But not always ... ;)

cheers
Ed N.

Back