marbles in my exaust???

Merlon

so i was gonig to lunch today, from work, sounded like i either was dragging cans under my driver side cat, or had some marbles bouncing in there..

i checked the engine bay, not the sc...no loose items to clank around.

cant figure it out, then driving home i smell ~~~....supercharger fluid, which i just replaced last week, its leaking from the snout, woo hoo.

at least i have spare 90 sc...but i figured it was a sign i should buy burbanks 95 sc...then birdman,,luck sob got it...;)

anyone ever here that sound coming from the exaust?

Sorry Merlon I just happen to be online when he first posted it so I hadda jump on it.

I've read if you go catless the exhaust wants to start sounding funky.Don't know for sure but that's what I read.Maybe get some universal high flow cats.

Jay

if you go no cats it will prolly sound funky

but thats without a res i thougt...which i dont have, but ill use a huge glasspack...yeah:cool:

not a problem, i should have jumped on it...but rebuilding mine is cool too;)

Whose going to install it ???? ummmm ...... :cool:

You think about taking your cats off and punching out the guts ? I think you may want new downtubes anyways, yours look kind of funky welded from being replaced one time already ... its only on one side though. Hmmm ... I'll have to look at it tomorrow.

- Dan

I dunno... My 90 with the no cat, no resonator and some nice long Borla mufflers doesn't sound too bad. A little loud for me, but it's been mellowing out since installed. It was doing pretty well by the shootout last year.

too bad no place is open on sunday

Whose going to install it ???? ummmm ...... :cool:

You think about taking your cats off and punching out the guts ? I think you may want new downtubes anyways, yours look kind of funky welded from being replaced one time already ... its only on one side though. Hmmm ... I'll have to look at it tomorrow.

- Dan

i oculd get a set of downtubes made.

hey ddubb...

i guess my boss somehow knows the guy who runs the shop you went to. he did his exhaust with no cats, so ill see whats up teusday.

i was wondering ifanyone had an opinion on the better sounding systems for this car.

no headers on my car...

right now i have to cats into a single pipe, into two mufflers..its cool.

i dont have more than 230 rwhp and dont plan on going above 250-300 ever, so i dont know what size tubing i need.

i think ill go with cats, because i dont feel like going with the trouble of smog...i think ill keep everything the same, and get a large resonator, and different mufflers...but if i do go with cats, i need them by teusday, and should buy them from a place like kragens, not the muffler shop.i dont know..

if i can go without cats, is it worth it? for sound?

Depends how long ago that was. I got it done at Lightning which was also part of Babes ( you know by the San thomas xpressway and Highway 17 .. well that one got turned into something else. And the guy who used to work at Lightning when I got mine done was always drinking on the job. :cool:

- Dan

Back