1st track trip ever

ChaseTruck754

Hey guys, I just got back from my 1st time at the drag stip. I went w/ a friend who drives a BMW and we had a BLAST! I went w/ the intention of stomping some ricers, but didn't get the chance to because we were divided by imports and domestics. I almost kept up w/ a 02 mustang cobra SVO which surprised me. I got stomped by a corvette (12.7 @111) and I did get a chance to stomp my friend in the BMW. Overall I am kind of happy w/ my time, but not super impressed. My best run of the day was 15.296. I believe we were about 100' above sea level but the temp had to be about 90*. Anyway, after hearing the guy the other day who said he ran 14.92 in a pretty much stock 90 I was hoping to beat that. I figured since my truck was lighter than the T-birds that I would do better. Oh well, maybe next time. Too bad that won't be for a year or so, seeing as I am finally re-doing the truck. BUT, when I do finally get the truck back I'll have headers, cats, flowmasters, ported and polished heads, an IC fan, and a 5% pulley. Hopefully this stuff will get me in the mid 14's range. Steve

Track Time

hello ChaseTruck754 cool. next time you run it you can compare the time slips and see how much improvement it makes... I just wanted to point out something, i don't mean to critisize or anything, but there were no Cobras produced in 2002... because they were working on the 03 cobras....

Hey thanks for the heads up on the cobra. Sorry for the mistake but I don't know much about new cars. My friend told me it wasn't an 03 but the body style looked like the 00-02 style and it had the "cobra" in the rear bumper and an SVT badge. I'm not sure on the year but know it wasn't a 03. Either way he didn't work me, meaning he wasn't a very good driver. In reviewing the timeslip I had him up until the 1/8th mi. At that point I loose all power (my truck is ALL) low end torque/power. This is what I am working to fix. Too bad my plans will put the truck down for about a year or more. BUT, as soon as I get it done I will be back out shooting for mid to low 14's.
Also, sorry about not posting pics yet. I have a link to pics of my truck at home and I keep forgetting to sign on here and post it. I usually only check this board from work, but I'll try and remeber to get the link up soon. Steve

Back