Boost Gauge Question

birdman_stang

ok i bought a auto meter michanical boost guage... but i dont know where to hook it up to the motor? can u tell me or show me some pics... thanks ( the SC motor is in my 95 stang so i dont have the stock sc boost guage)

Last edited:
on an SC or something else?-- on an sc, if you stand on the drivers side of the car and look behind the charger, you see the intake inlet. the port for the factory boost gauge comes out of there pointing sort of towards the back of the drivers side fender. small, plastic line with a rubber fitting. put a tee on that if you want to run both.

sorry i put a 1995 SC motor into my 1995 Stang.. i dont know where the factory gauage hooked up... since my car doesnt have a boost guage i bought one and i dont know where to connect it on the sc motor.. pics would definatly help... lol

the boost gauge line goes to the fitting labeled "#4" in this image

29dbrs4.jpg

I went outside and looked at my new SC's intake manifold, and I noticed that the "#4" outlet has a factory looking block off on it, are you sure that's it?

Yes #4 is where the factory gauge is installed - my install is custom - so I had to add a non-factory autometer C2 boost gauge to mine.

really any port on the outlet plenum will work - I would try to keep the gauge connected to the factory outlet - since it is a small tube and isn't shared with any other vacuum line.

If I can take a picture later on this afternoon, can you verify that I'm looking at hte right one and tell me if this looks OEM like it does to me (the block off, I've never seen such a nipple).

Bringing this one back from the dead.

Last night I installed a gauge on what is shown as #6 in the picture, (NOT the part of the tee that goes back into the inlet plenum) and it only reads ~20 in. HG no matter what.

What's going on?

#6 I believe is a check valve. So it will maintain vacuum for accessories or whatever even under boost. Try hooking in somewhere else (#4 works great, lol).

Back