cant decide what injector size to go with

thunderkid84

im looking to find out how big i can go with injectors until i need a tune ??

i went thru 4 pages of searching but the info was kinda sketchy.

im either gonna go with 36's or 42's.

if i get the right sample tube will that be enough to not need a tune ?

that doesnt exactly answer the original question, but thanks :)

need some more input guys, especially from the tuners out there.

thanks

Some cars will run fine with just a calibrated MAF...others won't. The larger injectors you use the less likely it's going to run correctly. Tuning is a very important part of modding these cars. I'd go with 42s if your planning on doing any blower, cam or head upgrades.

David

Some cars will run fine with just a calibrated MAF...others won't. The larger injectors you use the less likely it's going to run correctly. Tuning is a very important part of modding these cars. I'd go with 42s if your planning on doing any blower, cam or head upgrades.

David

i do plan on going higher in the hp range. ive done my heads and im looking for a good deal on a blower upgrade.

im really leaning towards 42's but i wanna make sure it'll be ok to run with just a sampling tube in the MAF.

It should be reasonable with a sample tube for 42's. But I wouldn't bolt a new blower on there without at least a trip to the dyno just to validate air fuel ratio's with a wide band sensor. You don't have to tune to do that and many dyno places will give you 3 pulls for $75.00.

The main issue is that each car can be different with how in tune, or safe it is from the factory. Due to machining differences, there is fudge factor built in to the stock system. Some cars are at the edge of safe, others are way too safe. Thus with some cars, a SCT tune will gain a big change, and others not as much change.

Back