engine problems need help!

jldtoker

I have a 93 tb sc and iv had a engine problem for awhile i bout the car for only a few hundred and its supposed to have a rebuilt jasper in it. the car has been idling a little ruff and when im in overdrive at about 1500rpms and give it like half gas to speed up the car will just jerk a few times and be real doggy but sometimes i can just stomp it and the car will go. i have replaced the thermastat, plugs, wires, air fillter, gas filter, pcv vavle it has good oil pressur. the problem seems to be worse when the engine heats up and iv never been able to get the check engine like to come on and stay one it just comes on at sertin times after driving for about half hour. im pretty much out of ideals and if anyone has had this problem or could give me a good ideal about what it could. thanks

Sounds like a DIS or cam sensor.

I would first try changing the heat sink compound under the DIS module, it dries out and gets worse after the car heats up. simple and cheap fix if that is your problem.

well its not the dis module i replaced it today and it still didnt help if anyone else has anythoughts i love to know i cant seem to pinpoint this problem down

im not really sure i never messed with the motor mounts my car is stock so i didnt think they would be a problem

im not really sure i never messed with the motor mounts my car is stock so i didnt think they would be a problem

Reason I ask, is the mounts collapse after a while, leading to the oil pan sitting directly on the crossmember.
These engines runs a knock sensor, which can pick up the metal to metal of the pan sitting on the crossmember-see where I'm going with this?
If you look at the mounts, there are tabs going through windows-they should be in the middle.
Both of mine where completely shot, leading to similar symptoms.

Nick

by the maf do u mean the mass air flow sensor on the air intake sorry im not the best at this stuf but i usally get the job done

affirmative, Mass Air Flow sensor... unscrew two screws holding the electronic sensor to aluminum housing located after the air filter box, then spray the two little coil wires with electical contact cleaner. Then disconnect the battery for a while to reset A/F memory.

Last edited:
Back