stock wires

anlo

im going through the whole vibration/idle epidemic,almost sure its mounts but today i saw the year 1989 printed on what must be original wires. im sure everyone here will tell me to change those 17 year old plug wires.

im going through the whole vibration/idle epidemic,almost sure its mounts but today i saw the year 1989 printed on what must be original wires. im sure everyone here will tell me to change those 17 year old plug wires.

For the record, I just changed the original wires on my '89 while doing the head gaskets. They were working fine before the tear-down, but went ahead with a new set while I had it apart.

Just becuase they're original dosen't NECESSARILY mean they're bad. But, if you're going through the troubleshooting exercise, you probably want to replace them (and the plugs). For a few bucks, it's cheap peace of mind.

I was told to use the Motorcraft wires, or some of the expensive aftermarkets. Don't use the no-name cheapy parts store replacements. I bought Motorcraft, and paid around $60. Plugs are about $25 for the set (double platinum).

Good Luck,

JD

Back