90 sc cranks but won't start

Mattlock

ok i have read through a bunch of posts......i just changed out my engine for a one without a rod knock. it was running when i parked it a couple of years ago. now i installed a different engine and it cranks over but will not fire. the fuel rail is pressurized. the upshift light stays on when cranking which seems to be a crank sensor.....is this somthing that can go bad just from sitting around? is there any test you can do without a code scanner?
any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks again
matt

ok i have read through a bunch of posts......i just changed out my engine for a one without a rod knock. it was running when i parked it a couple of years ago. now i installed a different engine and it cranks over but will not fire. the fuel rail is pressurized. the upshift light stays on when cranking which seems to be a crank sensor.....is this somthing that can go bad just from sitting around? is there any test you can do without a code scanner?
any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks again
matt

does it have spark?

well if it turns over and want crank it can be two things its not getting fuel or its not getting fire one of the two

Upshift Light = Crank Sensor

If your upshift light stays on while cranking, you are not getting signal from the crank sensor. It could be a bad sensor, or a wiring problem. Either way, you won't be getting spark.

If your upshift light stays on while cranking, you are not getting signal from the crank sensor. It could be a bad sensor, or a wiring problem. Either way, you won't be getting spark.

thanks Larry, thats what i was thinking....is there any problems with aftermarket sensors? or should i be sticking with oem ford? aftermarket is $80 oem is $280ouch!
thanks in advance
Matt

Aftermarket vs OEM

I've got an aftermarket crank sensor on mine. No problems at all. It's whatever the brand is that you get at AdvanceAuto (GP Sorensen, Borg Warner, I can't remember). You might want to take the old one in to the store just to compare the two.

Thanks For All The Help!!!! Roller Rocker Issues Now

replaced the crank sensor yesterday. fired right up! was unaware of the adjustment.......good chance i broke the original during install....ooops! anyway thanks for your help, you were exactly right!

i have a couple other questions.

i installed a set of scp roller rockers on this engine and it seems to have excesive valve train noise....how much is normal for these roller rockers. i read a bunch of posts on this issue and found alot of people with the same kinda problem. some putting in longer pushrods & some machining rockers.....these are suppost to be a plug and play install....

also my check engine light is staying on. it seems to be running fine. is there anyway to check this without a code scanner?

again any help would be greatly appreciated
matt muenzler:confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:
Roller Rocker Info From Bill @ Scp

JUST RECIEVED THIS FROM BILL @ SCP

Hi Matt,
The rockers are going to be a bit more noisy.

One does need to check the lash on the rockers and you may need to shim the pedestal up or grind it down a few thousanths of an inch to achieve the best fit.

Bill E.
www.SuperCoupePerformance.com

Back