What are the Fuel Rail Pressures/possible bad Fuel Regulator ??!

bbird94

Hey guys,

I may have found a problem with my fuel pressure regulator and I was just wondering what the PSI ratings should be for a '94 fuel rail? Then also does anyone know if the PSI rating will change with a bad fuel pressure regulator and if so what should that rating be also?

Oh, and one last question, how many times do I need to crank the engine before I can get an accurate reading for both without and with a bad fuel regulator? Thanx for all your help guys again and have a good one!!

Later,
Brandon

Hey guys,

I may have found a problem with my fuel pressure regulator and I was just wondering what the PSI ratings should be for a '94 fuel rail? Then also does anyone know if the PSI rating will change with a bad fuel pressure regulator and if so what should that rating be also?

Oh, and one last question, how many times do I need to crank the engine before I can get an accurate reading for both without and with a bad fuel regulator? Thanx for all your help guys again and have a good one!!

Later,
Brandon

Brandon,

The stock regulator should have a static pressure of 38-40 psi. Best to test pressure with vacuum line off the regulator and motor running at 1500 rpms. When ignition is turned on the pump will only run for a few seconds, to keep the pump running with ignition on and motor off, you will need to ground one of the EEC test ports as shown in this diagram.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74444

That's how I usually check for leaks and set my pressure, but it not quite as accurate as with motor running because the fuel pump will usually get more voltage with the motor running.

With vacuum line attached fuel pressure should drop a few pounds when motor is under vacuum and increase 1 psi for every pound of boost. So with 10 pounds of boost you should be seeing around 50 pounds of fuel pressure.

David

Back