Magnaflow Part Numbers

Seuss

When I get my head gaskets fixed, I also want to open up the exhaust a little bit. After reading a lot of threads here, it seems the best things to replace while on a budget are the cats and resonator. I do not plan on many if any engine mods, so something a little better than stock should be fine for me.

Assuming I am on the right track, what part numbers do I need to order for Magnaflow resonator and high flow cats to most closely match up with the rest of the stock exhaust?

there's a number of places u could get magnaflow products :

supercoupeperformance.com
spinningwheels-sc.com
magnaflow.com

just look for a dual-in/single out resonator of whatever size u want and some mufflers 2.25" or 2.5"

dynomax, flowmaster, and borla are also mufflers some people go with.

good luck

I finally got Borla,

I was unhappy with the ground clearance of my magnaflow resonator.
Do the MATH for ground clearance.
Borla 4" deep vs Magnaflow is 6" deep. (+clearance to chassis)

Borla ProXS muffler for resonator #40349 (4"x9.5"x19")
(dual 2 1/2" in, 3" out)
Bought from 21st Century Exhaust, Boynton Beach, FL 33426 (for $70+shipping)
800-two seven six - six three nine nine

www.borla.com
Borla Turbo XL mufflers are (4"x9.5 x 19) part# 40665
(center/offset, 2 1/2"in / 2 1/2"out)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I hadn't even considered clearance (I have Eibach 1 1/2" drop springs)

I assume I would need adapters put on both ends to mate up with the stock pipes, right?

Any other comments on cheap exhaust upgrades?

>Thanks for the info, I hadn't even considered clearance (I have Eibach 1 1/2" drop springs)<
Mine is stock height, and I got tired of Magnaflow resonator bottoming out at ends of driveways, and occasional speed bumps.

>I assume I would need adapters put on both ends to mate up with the stock pipes, right?<
They can fill in the difference in diameter with weld material.

>Any other comments on cheap exhaust upgrades?<
Stock mufflers (keep) are quiet, and performance wise i've read not bad/restrictive (& don't throw away, may tire of louder mufflers)
Borla muffler (resonator) can be bought from 21st Century shown ABOVE for $70 + shipping.
Port your exhaust manifolds at the collectors, stock is 1 5/8" diameter opening (area = 2.07in^2), and port them to 2" (3.14in^2).

Last edited:
Back