oil pressure sending unit

thundrburd

can someone tell me where the oil pressure sending unit is on a 95 sc, I am thinking about getting aftermarket gauges from summit but until then I want to replace mine and see if thats why the op is reading lower than normal, thanks

try doing a search, there are a few topics on this

but anywho, it should be located behind the power steering bracket just off to the side and a little behind the water pump, you can get a flashlight and take a peek in there should be able to see it

It's right above the oil filter on the engine block by the side of the timing cover. You'll need a special socket to remove it. There is a single wire connector that presses onto the top of it.

take the wire off and use a 1-1/16" socket to take the stock sender out. Now you're left with a stem sticking out. You can thread the aftermarket sender right into that stem and adjust it a little for clearance. Ground out the stock wire and it will read like it always did before.

It's right above the oil filter on the engine block by the side of the timing cover. You'll need a special socket to remove it. There is a single wire connector that presses onto the top of it.

You don't have to have a special socket; I used a set of channelocks. But then again, my car doesn't have a PS bracket on it. So, if you can get the bracket off you won't need anything special.

Back