Swapping the Eaton for a Custom P1SC kit

BlownV6

Before anyone starts lighting the fire to burn me at the stake.. Just hear me out. Let's face it boys. Using the eaton limits power potential and we all know it. That's why there are M112 and AR kits. What i want to do will change the animal of the car but it'll still be a beast.

What i was thinking was adapting a Mustang V6 kit to use on the SC. I will retain the stock shortblock and heads but switch over to an N/A intake manifold. I want to use a Procharger D1 but i have a feeling the P1 will provide enough power.

Main question is can the stock shortblock/headgaskets handle 15+ psi from a procharger? At the moment i will be using ported exhaust manifolds and no cats but will be switching to LT's in the near future.

Second is what kind of fuel system should i be looking into? 255LPH pump and 42lb injectors?

Lastly how hard will it be to tune this beast?

:D

It shouldnt be any harder to tune then an SC..If anything the boost will come on slower and more gradual making itthat much easier. Make sure you get a complete Tbird pulley and accesory setup as well. I'd also go with 50lb ionjectors. The nice thing abouta setup like that would be an increase in traction..May feel a tad sluggish downstairs compared to the eaton..And if your not going for 20psi plus..Dont bother!

It shouldnt be any harder to tune then an SC..If anything the boost will come on slower and more gradual making itthat much easier. Make sure you get a complete Tbird pulley and accesory setup as well. I'd also go with 50lb ionjectors. The nice thing abouta setup like that would be an increase in traction..May feel a tad sluggish downstairs compared to the eaton..And if your not going for 20psi plus..Dont bother!

I'm going for max boost on 93 octane. The SC bottom end is 8:1 correct? So 17-18 psi for daily wouldn't be a problem and i won't really be hitting 18 till around redline.

I think im going to pull the heads and change the headgaskets. What are the best ones out there when it comes to high boost?

I dont know what kind of HGs are on my car (had it done before I got it) but I was running upwards of 17psi (factory guage though) with no problems on 87 all day long.

Chris

Back