PDA

View Full Version : Injector question

91_SC_BIRD
03-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Do you need to install the clips that hold the injectors to the rail. I've swapped to 42lbs injectors, and it feels like the clips are not "tall" enough.

Another problem i've notice is the vacuum hose from the FPR to the plenum is busted, would that cause the car to run rich or lean??

Dahoopd
03-18-2007, 04:17 AM
you have the injectors two far into the rail. If you look at the injector, there are two groves. The clip goes into the top goove. I screw the rail down but didnt tighten it up and than pulled on the rail to lift it off of the injector enough to get the clip on and into the goove. Its a major PIA, and I busted a knuckle doing it. Yeah, im retarded. I wasnt going to put them on but if they werent meant to be there they wouldnt be. Good luck, and have patience.

91_SC_BIRD
03-18-2007, 09:07 AM
I thought that it might not have been in enough on the first groove. Thanks!

you have the injectors two far into the rail. If you look at the injector, there are two groves. The clip goes into the top goove. I screw the rail down but didnt tighten it up and than pulled on the rail to lift it off of the injector enough to get the clip on and into the goove. Its a major PIA, and I busted a knuckle doing it. Yeah, im retarded. I wasnt going to put them on but if they werent meant to be there they wouldnt be. Good luck, and have patience.

rzimmerl
03-19-2007, 07:17 AM
NO fuel pressure vacuum hose means extrememly lean under boost, fix it right away

David Neibert
03-19-2007, 07:54 AM
NO fuel pressure vacuum hose means extrememly lean under boost, fix it right away

Exactly...that hose is very important. It will also be rich when not in the boost, because fuel pressure will be too high.

David

Payton
03-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Exactly...that hose is very important. It will also be rich when not in the boost, because fuel pressure will be too high.

David

Kevin, I used some lube while installing injectors, helps a bit!
Just get a new vacuum hose in Can Tire!

91_SC_BIRD
03-19-2007, 05:05 PM
No worries for the motor, its out of the car. The reason I was asking, is I was getting some rich codes from the eec and the car was horrible on gas. I guess that would explain it. Well I'll add i to the to do list!

Ohh and the injectors I clipped on the first slots no problem.

Thanks guys!