91 5.0 trouble (tranny)

Rubymustang

Hey guys I was wondering if anybody has experienced this in there Tbird.Thursday on the way home I noticed a thump coming out of overdrive I went home and checked my fluid and it looked real good and smelled good to,soI left it go I was on my way to work on Friday and it did it again so I stopped at one of our dealers I work at (car detailer) a ford dealer the tech looked at it and said my TV cable is broke so I took off work and went to a junk yard got another one because ford no longer carries the cable. I put it on and adjusted it and it still did it ,So I took it to a tranny shop and they took it out and came back and said $1700.00 to fix it because the converter lock out is going in it.So now Im on the brink to get rid of it because I cant afford it plus the upper rear control arm bushings (outer) is going and the lower ball joints are going to (front).I cant afford to take a chance in getting a junk yard tranny. Can any body give me some ideas,I realy need some help hear ,I love my bird but wow.
THANKS Greg:( :( :( :( :(

aod's are a dime a dozen. they go all day long its easy to find one anywhere .
go to the junkyard and pull one shouldnt be too much .
should be the same trany for mustangs and mark vii
good luck

Hey guys I was wondering if anybody has experienced this in there Tbird.Thursday on the way home I noticed a thump coming out of overdrive I went home and checked my fluid and it looked real good and smelled good to,soI left it go I was on my way to work on Friday and it did it again so I stopped at one of our dealers I work at (car detailer) a ford dealer the tech looked at it and said my TV cable is broke so I took off work and went to a junk yard got another one because ford no longer carries the cable. I put it on and adjusted it and it still did it ,So I took it to a tranny shop and they took it out and came back and said $1700.00 to fix it because the converter lock out is going in it.So now Im on the brink to get rid of it because I cant afford it plus the upper rear control arm bushings (outer) is going and the lower ball joints are going to (front).I cant afford to take a chance in getting a junk yard tranny. Can any body give me some ideas,I realy need some help hear ,I love my bird but wow.
THANKS Greg:( :( :( :( :(

all ball joints..upper control arms....rear knuckle bushings (all of them) and motor mounts go bad on this model t-bird..as far as the tranny....when is the last time you did a flush and filter on it....Hard to tell without taking it for a ride ya kknow...I mean is it sliping or just a clunk?

DONT get a mark VII trans. It has the Lincoln long output shaft. A thumping out of OD seems to be a symptom on 7 out of the last 7 MN12's ive owned. I never thought anything of it. Some were worse than others, but ive never had one leave me stranded because of it. :)

A aod from a 90 ford f150 fits to i found this out from a tranny shop. if you lived closer i have a rebuilt one i would sell you at a reasonable price :)

Driving an AOD for as little as one day with a broken or disconnected TV cable can ruin the tranny. Sounds like rebuild time....average cost around here is going to be about $1300...with tranny in the car and about $950 if you do the removal and install.

David

Help

If any body has a tranny for me that is strong dont need a rebuild, low miles and at decent price and localy(Allentown PA) let me know.My email is alovieice1@verizon.net or give me a call (1-610-821-4547) my name is Greg

Back