Can a blower bearin cause a vibration???

gerry'ssc

My 93 sc has constant, nasty vibration that can be felt even in neutral when rpm's are raised. I'm running the car easy untill I can find a good used blower as my cone bearing is banging like 2 rabbits on crack. The mounts are new, the balancer is new, clutch has never givin problems, u joints are tight. So I'm wondering.. could the fact the bearings are shot on the blower be causing an air mixture proble that is causing the roughness/vibration. I'm at my whit's end on this one and would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks all

Have you checked the supercharger fluid,it might be low.How many km,s are on the car as well.Are you sure that it is the blower,you can remove the blower belt and start the car to be sure.If you have a bad coupler it will sound like marbles rolling around and it will cause a vibration.

If you suspect the blower, remove the belt and run the vehicle again. The vibration, if felt at idle, could be anything belt driven, or the engine and anything mounted to it.

hey guy maybe you can help me out with my rough running problem after replaceing the head gaskets no power rough idle only seems like not running on all cylinders

Sounds like a vacuum leak.Get some brake clean with the tube to attach to the spray nozzle and spray around the blower top,vacuum lines any where there is a vacuum line connection.If the car idle increases then that is where the problem is.

Back