T-5 swap into Super coupe

Jim Allen

I am trying to do the research to see if a world class T-5 is worth swapping into a superCoupe, I have found a slave cylinder kit to mount onto the T-5 that was designed for a 3/4 master cylinder, I know that a SC master cylinder is 7/8 would it cause much of a problem using a larger master cylinder? I also have a shifter extension to put the shifter in proper location.

Attachments

• Clutch braket.jpg
    Clutch braket.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 82
  • shifter extention.jpg
    shifter extention.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 107
are you sure that shifter extension works? I needed to modify mine to make it work, it was not designed properly.

Anyway, some people say that the T5 won't hold up to the torque of the SC. find that hard to believe considering it is behind some very high powered mustang motors. I believe you will also need a longer drive shaft. i got my T5 from www.goforcetransmissions.com

we have a world class T-5 in our 86 Mustang 5.0....the motor is stock and the only mod is 4.10 gear posi....this tranny has held up to countless power shifts ect...to anyone who says a t-5 is junk...i have to disagree...

we have a buddy with a 88 or 89 5.0 hatch....with a H/C/I ported to hell and back TWS heads, X303 cam, custom intake....3.73 in the rear....this stang hauls ~~~...is still has the stock t-5 also...hasent let him down yet...

Question!!!

Where did you find that set up? I would love to have a stick again in my car,and how much?Need to know PLEASE!!!!!
Thanks GREG:D :) :cool:

out of luck

I just found out that MN12Performance that built these went out of buisness so we are going to have to fab ourselves.

I just found out that MN12Performance that built these went out of buisness so we are going to have to fab ourselves.

contact victor from spinning wheels. I believe he bought mn12performance's stock of those kits. Again though....i think they are improperly designed and will not work, it will need to be modified. I can tell you how and take some pictures if you need to know how. You will need access to welding facilities.

Last edited:
change of heart

I have changed my mind, going with a Fresh M5R2 and see how long that will last behind a 360HP 347 stroker

Back