sending the supercharger off

DemonSC

im having my supercharger rebuilt and im thinking of spending an extra 200 to have it ported, i don't have any mods but since im rebuilding the transmission as well, im thinking of taking the exhaust manifolds off and porting them out and taking the mufflers off as well (they're making some awesome clanging noises). i was also thinking of porting and polishing the heads as well, would i have to have anything else as far as bolt ons?

It is worth porting the intake to the SC, as long as the intake plenum is ported too. The exhaust doesn't need to be any bigger, but the larger the opening the less distance the rotors need to seal along the case, the less leakage past the rotors.

I would put my $200 in to something more effective, like building a FMIC setup.

Jason

alright ill probably just have it rebuilt then and just leave it alone for awhile, thanks though

if its a early model supercharger, the benefits will be slim to none if you have it ported, You should spend the extra 200 and look for a 94-95 Supercharger. Better gains, outperforms a early model supercharger.

if you do have your supercharger ported, you should spend an extra 200 bucks and get a custom front mount intercooler setup, cuz most likely you will overdrive the supercharger and these make alot of heat after you overdrive them and the front mount will keep your inlet temps down.

its an early style, does anyone have a 94-95 supercharger? where can i get one of them custom front mounts, or do i have to make it myself

If you want a fmic you'll have to build it yourself unless you wanna fork over 1200 bucks for a magnum power one.

Jay

you could always just port it yourself or put used GTP rotors in then just change your snout seal and/or bearings if thats all thats wrong with it. Total price= $150-200 with decent gains.

I just changed the coupler inside my blower last night. It had the death growl so I changed the coupler, resealed it, and refilled the oil with GM oil. Now it's like 98% quieter and it'll hold me over till I get an MPx case to swap my rotors into.

Back