Relocate oil filter...anyone done this?

z90sc

Has anyone relocated the oil filter on their SC..if so,where did you mount it,what kit did you use,are you happy with the results?
z

perma-cool re-location

I've not changed the location of oil filter in the SC, but perma-cool offers a bunch of "screw on" adapter type kits that will connect right to the old location of the old filter so you can run a high pressure line to wherever you'd like the new one. They also offer a double filter adapter, for the extra cautious. If you look through the Jeg's catalog I'm sure they'll have the re-location kits which should include adapter, hose, mounting bracket and adapter for the new location, and a return hose that will hook back to the same spot where the old filter was. I also know a lot of the oil cooler kits contain a lot of this stuff. Personally, I wouldn't work myself that hard to change everything. Even though the filter is a bitch to drain, it only happens every 3,000 miles. Plus if I did a re-location or an oil cooler I'd go w/ braided hi-pressure race lines instead of generic rubber. With enough money and time I could go on...hope that answers your question.

Back