Exhaust problems

rad_al_

Lately my car has a really bad raspy sound, almost like the resonator isn't doing anything. My set up is stock manifolds, 2" down pipes, 2.5" true dual pipes, Magnaflow resonator (dual in, dual out), Borla mufflers. It used to sound really good & it still does at idle & easy to moderate take offs, but anything over that sounds really bad. Is it possible that the resonator is burned out? Also, one of my friends suggested an X-pipe instead of the resonator but mentioned I may have to do a re-tune since I'll have a different flow pattern.
Any suggestions or thoughts?

If you wanna have an x-pipe and have to replace you're resonater dynomax has a muffler with dual in and dual outlets.PN# WLK-17552 for 2.25 in and out or WLK-17553 2.5 in and out.Price is 129.95 pn#'s and prices are for. www.summitracing.com

Jay

Sounds like I got the wrong point across. Here's what I already have:

My set up is stock manifolds, 2" down pipes, 2.5" true dual pipes, Magnaflow resonator (dual in, dual out), Borla mufflers.

Lately it has a really bad raspy sound & I'm wondering if my Magnaflow resonator is burned out or something.

Attachments

• 000_0564.JPG
    000_0564.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 000_0567.JPG
    000_0567.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 54
Back