Camber issues with lowered car.

AMD[H]unter

Hey guys, I am having an issue with camber on my lowered '91 SC. I have a 2" drop on the car now, and the alignment shop can't get the camber past -2.0 degrees. I don't really mind it, but when I get 18 inch wheels and a shorter tire, I think it will become more of an issue. What are my options? What have all you guys with lowered cars done?

Cant get the camber in the front or rear ?? In the rear, I know some people have slotted the upper control arm to get a little more adjustment out of it.

- Dan

Cant get the camber in the front or rear ?? In the rear, I know some people have slotted the upper control arm to get a little more adjustment out of it.

- Dan

Yeah, sorry, I meant to add that it's the rear.

392bird, thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for!! All I have to do is slot that hole, and it'll be good to go, right?

yeah slot it I did mine and got back adjustment ,

use good bolts nuts my stockers stretched and would come loose also some lock tight helps in the slotted situation they have a tendency to slide and loosen if not torqued down good i had a problem on pass side but new bolts nuts and locktite eliminated the problem . you may not have this happen but I did . so thats a quick cure for it if it does happen,

mines lowered allot it corners like a slot car except on bumpy corners it tends to unload on hump on hard corner {SCARY}

yeah slot it I did mine and got back adjustment ,

use good bolts nuts my stockers stretched and would come loose also some lock tight helps in the slotted situation they have a tendency to slide and loosen if not torqued down good i had a problem on pass side but new bolts nuts and locktite eliminated the problem . you may not have this happen but I did . so thats a quick cure for it if it does happen,

mines lowered allot it corners like a slot car except on bumpy corners it tends to unload on hump on hard corner {SCARY}

Is there any way to keep that bolt and nut from sliding back to its original position? Maybe weld a small piece of flat steel to the control arm for the bolt to butt up against?

yes Ill be doing mine soon weld a flat on there then use a chaber bolt it has a offset washer to adjust it corectly
2394880710034851261jJoThC_th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

so am I weld a peice of steel on near slot and use a offset bolt to adjust just like the lower control arms do

Back